An Ordinance of the Town of Lapel, Amending Chapter 4, Section 4-6, Road Weight Limits of the Town of Lapel Code of Ordinances.
WHEREAS, Indiana Code (I.C.) authorizes a local authority to adopt traffic regulations by local ordinance with respect to highways under the local authority’s jurisdiction; and,
WHEREAS, I.C. authorizes 9-20-1-3(c) authorizes a local authority, by ordinance, to prohibit the operation of trucks or other commercial vehicles and impose limitations on the weight, size, or use of those vehicles on highways within the local authority’s jurisdiction; and,
WHEREAS, the Town Council of Lapel (“Lapel”) desires to impose weight limits on roads under Lapel’s jurisdiction as more aptly set forth below.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the Town of Lapel, Madison County, Indiana, that:
- The recitals are herein incorporated by reference.
- No truck or other commercial vehicle with a gross weight in excess of five (5) tons shall be permitted on the following roads:
- 300 South from 1000 West to SR13
- 400 South from 1000 West to SR13
- 500 South from 1000 West to SR13
- 650 South from 1000 West to SR13
- 700 South from 1000 West to SR13
- These weight limits do not apply to school buses or agricultural equipment.
- The Town of Lapel Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4, Section 4-6 shall be amended to reflect these provisions.
- This ordinance shall become effective upon the adoption and signature of the Lapel Town Council, publication as required by law, and the posting of signs.
Adopted this 2nd day of May 2019
Date Passed: 5/2/2019