WHEREAS, the Town of Lapel ("Town" or "Lapel") passed Ordinance #3, 2015 that established a monthly service charge of $.50 for Trash/Recycling services within the Town; and,
WHEREAS, the monthly service charge was in addition to the monthly contract amount as established and set forth in the contract entered into by the Town and the service provider; and,
WHEREAS, the Town now desires to increase the amount of the monthly service charge that was established in 2015 due to the increased cost the Town has incurred in providing trash/recycling service to residents; and,
WHEREAS, the Town held a public hearing on the service charge increase on July 16th 2020 wherein the Lapel Town Council received public comment regarding the proposed service charge increase.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the Town Council of the Town of Lapel, Madison County, Indiana, that Ordinance #3, 2015 is hereby repealed in its entirey and replaced as follows:
- That the recitals stated herein are hereby incorporated by reference.
- That the service charge for Trash/Recycling services within the Town of Lapel is $2.00 per month.
- That the service charge is in addition to the current monthly contract amount charged to customers as set forth in the contract between the Town of Lapel and the service provider.
- That the increased service charge is reasonable and just as it will generate necessary revenue to pay for the costs that the Town incurs in providing this service.
- That the service charge and the contract amount then in effect will appear on the customers' monthly utility bill as one total amount for Trash/Recycling services.
- This Ordinance shall become effective upon the adoption and signature of the Lapel Town Council and publication as required by law.
Date Passed: 3/30/2020