Resolution 13-1996 passed 10/22/96
Removal of Utility from jurisdiction of Commission for Approval of Rates, Charges, and Evidences of Indebtedness; Alternative Procedures
Resolution 5-1998 passed 3/26/98
A public question shall appear on the ballot of the 11/3/98 general election asking whether the number of town council members be increased from three (3) to five (5) members
Ordinance #8-1996 passed 12/17/96
Removal of the municipal from the Indiana Regulatory Commission
Ordinance #1-1997 passed 2/18/97
Procedure to implement future rate adjustments and utility financing requests: Retaining a CPA to prepare a rate study and/or feasibility study.
Retaining an Engineer to conduct a study and report outlining proposed repair, improvement, or additions Recommendation will be made by each and a public meeting will be scheduled. Final adoption of any rate adjustment would be scheduled for vote by the town no less than 30 days after the public meeting.
Ordinance #2-1998 passed 4/16/98
A one vehicle handicapped parking zone shall be designated for the residence at 922 N. Main Street. That the one-vehicle parking zone will remain in existence from the period March, 1998, for so long as the current residents remain in the home and in need of such handicapped designation due to his/her physical condition.
Ordinance #11-1999 passed no date
That the following building rules of the Indiana Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission, of the Indiana Administrative Code, as set out in the following articles, are herby incorporated and adopted to all Town of Lapel building codes, requirements, and ordinance as of the date of execution of this ordinance:
Article 13 – Building Codes
- Fire and Building Safety Standards
- Indiana Building Codes
- Indiana Building Code Standards
- Indiana Handicapped Accessibility Code
Article 14 – One and Two Family Dwelling Code
Indiana One and Two Family Dwelling Code
Article 16 – Plumbing Code
Indiana Plumbing Code
Article 17 – Electrical Code
- Indiana Electrical Code
- Safety Code for Health Care Facilities
Article 18 – Mechanical Code
Indiana Mechanical Code
Article 19 – Energy Conservation Code
- Indiana Energy Conservation Code
- Modification to the Model Energy Code
Article 20 – Swimming Pool Code
Indiana Swimming Pool Code
Ordinance #8-2001 passed 8/16/01
That the Ordinance No. 13, 1998, is now modified to implement Indiana Code 3-10-6-2.5.
That pending the implementation of the above
referenced statute, the two (2) seats currently held by Shelley Lloyd and Rob Steele, shall be subject to appointment by the Town Council members, Lynn Wainscott, Carl Tony Pearson, and Gary Shuck, those appointments becoming effective on the 1st day of January, 2002, and continuing through a two (2) year term as will be designated in the required ordinance, adopted on January 1, 2002, and pursuant to Indiana Code 3-10-6-2.5.
Ordinance #1-2002 passed 1/3/2002
A public question on the ballot for the general election held on the 3rd day of November, 1998. Shall the number of town council members be increased from three (3) to five (5)? The majority of the voters of the Town of Lapel favored increasing the number of town council members from three (3) to five (5) pursuant to Indiana Code 36-5-2-4.2.
Ordinance #01-3 passed 3/15/2001
Ordinance supporting Southern Madison Utilities, LLC request for authority to provide water utility services in Madison County, Indiana.
Ordinance #5 passed 2000?
Section 1. That a certain document, three (3)
copies of which are on file in the office of the Town of Lapel Utilities, being marked and designated as the International Fuel Gas Code as published by the International Code Council Inc., be and is hereby adopted as the
Fuel Gas Code for the Town of Lapel, in the State of Indiana; for the control of building and structures as herein provided; and each and all of the regulations, provision, penalties, conditions and terms of said Fuel Gas Code are hereby referred to, adopted, and made a part hereof, as if fully set out in this ordinance, with the additions, insertions, deletions and changes, if any, prescribed in Section 2 of this ordinance. Section 2 the following sections are hereby revised: Section 101.1 Insert: The Town of Lapel Section 3. That any and all other ordinance or parts of ordinance in conflict herewith are hereby repealed. Section 4 That nothing in this ordinance or in the Fuel Gas Code hereby adopted shall be construed to affect any suit or proceeding impending in any court, or any rights acquired, or liability incurred, or any cause or causes of action acquired or existing, under any act or ordinance hereby repealed as cited in Section2 of this ordinance; nor shall any just or legal right or remedy of any character by lost, impaired or affected by this ordinance. Section 5 That the Town of Lapel Clerk Treasurer shall certify to the adoption of this ordinance, and cause the same to be published as required by law; and this ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after its approval as required by law.
12-06 DATE WHEREAS, storm water and surface water control and management is an important function of the Town of Lapel.
WHEREAS, it is in the best interest of the Town of Lapel and its citizens that a
Department of Storm Water Management be created for the purpose of providing for the collection, disposal and drainage of storm and surface water in the Town of Lapel.
Now, therefore, be it ordained by the Lapel
Town Council of the Town of Lapel, Madison County, Indiana as follows:
- Indiana Code 8-1.5-5 concerning “Storm Water Management System” is hereby adopted by the Lapel Town Council of the Town of Lapel, Indiana, so as to make the Act and any and all amendments thereto effective and operative in the Town of Lapel, Indiana; and
- Pursuant to Indiana Code 8-1.5-5, a Department of Storm Water Management shall be an is hereby created for the purpose of providing for the collection, disposal and drainage of storm and surface water in the Town of Lapel; and
- Pursuant to Indiana Code 8-1.5-5, a Department of Storm Water Management shall be controlled by the Lapel Town Council, Town of Lapel, Indiana; and
- Pursuant to Indiana Code 8-1.5-5, there is hereby created a special taxing district which shall include all of the territory within the corporate boundaries of the Town of Lapel, Madison County, Indiana; and
- The Lapel Clerk/Treasurer shall prepare a budget for the operation of the Department on an annual basis which budget shall be subject to approval by the Lapel Town Council and any issuance of bonds or other methods for making capital improvements shall be approved by the Lapel Town Council as provided by law; and
- Any ordinance or provision of any ordinance of the Town of Lapel or of the Municipal Code of the Town of Lapel in conflict with the provisions of this ordinance is hereby repealed; and
- The invalidity of any section, clause, sentence or provision of this ordinance shall not affect the validity of any other part of this ordinance which can be given effect without such invalid part of parts; and
- This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and approval by the Lapel Town Council, Lapel, Madison County, Indiana.