Be it ordained by the Town of Lapel, Madison County, Indiana:
Whereas the Town of Lapel Indiana amends Ordinance #7-2007, and hereby adopts an ordinance for procedures during the Village Fair.
Whereas the Town of Lapel Indiana ordains that the procedure will be utilized during the annual Village Fair that is held during the month of July concerning temporary permits issued for golf carts used by individuals.
- Anyone bringing a golf cart to the Lapel Village Fair must have a temporary permit. The permit is secured from the Lapel Police Department and will cost Thirty Dollars ($30.00).
- All ATV vehicles are not allowed within the Town of Lapel during the Village Fair.
- Applicants for the temporary permit must have a valid driver’s license to be able to operate the golf carts between the hours of 6:30am to 9:30pm (daylight hours).
- Any operator of any golf cart must have a current valid driver’s license and comply with local and state ordinance and laws.
- A local ordinance violation will be issued by the Lapel Police Department for any non-compliance. The fine will be Eighty Dollars ($80.00), payable to the Town of Lapel and will result in the impounding of the golf cart.
- The temporary permit is good for the three days of the Village Fair and expires Sunday evening at 7:00pm.
Read and adopted this 5th day of May 2011.
Date Passed: 5/5/2011