- On 7/19/2023
- In Town of Lapel
Lapel PD School Resource Officer
The Lapel Police Department is accepting applications for a School Resource Officer (SRO). The duties of the SRO will focus on school safety issues and include assisting the school safety specialist with the development and implementation of the school safety plan, protecting against outside threats to the physical safety of students, preventing unauthorized access to school property; and securing the schools against violence and natural disasters and other duties assigned by the Chief of Police and the Memorandum of Understanding between the Lapel Police Department and the Frankton Lapel School Corporation.
The SRO will be under the supervision of the Chief of Police and will be subject to all Lapel Police Department Policies and Procedures.
Applications can be picked up at the Lapel Town Hall (825 N Main St, Lapel) Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All application packets must be received by 16:00 on 15 August 2023. Packets can be dropped off in person to the Lapel Town Hall or mailed in an 8 1/2 X 11 manila folder to: Lapel Police Department, PO 999, Lapel, IN 46051.
- Must be an ILEA Tier 1 certified Police Officer at time of hire
- Certification must be in good standing and the officer will have no more than a twelve (12) month gap in service since their last employment as a Law Enforcement Officer.
- Must be able to complete and pass National Association of School Resource Officers 40-hr Basic Certification.
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one by date of hire.
- Must have no felony, violent misdemeanor, or domestic battery convictions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen test.
- Must be able to Foster and maintain a good relationship with pupils, staff, patrons, vendors, and the community. Display tact, courtesy and excellent etiquette that demonstrates genuine care and concern for staff, students, parents and other members of the community. Be an example of exemplary adult behavior for students. Project genuine care and concern for all students. Collaborate with others across a variety of functions and backgrounds. Demonstrate proficient communication skills both verbally and in writing. Work independently with limited direction to effectively meet deadlines and mitigate stressful situations. Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting pay will be based on experience and training.
- Uniform, equipment, and weapon provided.
- Take home vehicle with personal use after completion of field training. (Must reside within Madison County or within 25 miles of the Lapel Police Department)
- Paid vacation. Starting up to 80 hours based on experience and training (prorated for first year).
- 64 hours of paid personal time (prorated for first year).
- 140 hours of Holiday pay (14 observed Holidays) and time and a half pay for work on holiday.
- Employer paid health and vision insurance for employee with optional family plans at discounted employee pricing.
- 50/50 dental insurance for employee with optional family plans at discounted employee pricing.
- Employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Term Life, Accident, Cancer and Critical Insurance plans offered.
- Department issued cell phone.
- Retirement through Indiana Public Employee’s Retirement Fund (NPIRS Civilian).
You are NOT eligible for employment with the Lapel Police Department if:
- You have been asked to resign from a department while under investigation of wrong doing.
- You are the subject of an active internal investigation involving malfeasance or serious misconduct.
- You have had an allegation of malfeasance or serious misconduct substantiated.
- You have been convicted of a Felony Crime.
- You have been convicted of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor.
- You have been convicted of a DWI or DUI. (This includes a 1st time nolle)
- You have committed any act which would constitute perjury or false statement.
- You have been convicted of Battery or Domestic Battery.
- You have been dishonorably discharged from any military service.
- You have been terminated for cause from a department of local, state or federal government.
Download Application checklist here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cKg-VjjV50V2SpwhaltKmCJonqZVqze_/view?usp=sharing
Download Application here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZcV5J1CeFqc-jeh33eOUR_GVdFOvGNpT/view?fbclid=IwAR3WbbN-NjvdAzGTHyfU5-AXMmDtj_V9k8BKNdnKqmTQjQMh_xUDMYrU-C8
Download Consent to Release here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1npNh6OnaIQqDOgYaAdiliEKIhjaQN23w/view?usp=sharing