- On 8/17/2022
- In Town of Lapel
Lapel PD - Tier I Lateral Transfer
The Lapel Police Department is conducting a Tier I Lateral Transfer process. We are accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
Lapel is located in South-West Madison County and is one of the fastest growing communities in Madison County. Lapel has a current population of 2500 and growing. The Town covers almost 11 square miles and we are the third largest incorporated area in the County. We invite you to come join a rapidly growing Community and Department.
Application packets can be picked up at the Lapel Town Hall located at 825 N Main St, Lapel, IN 46051 or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be received no later than 6 September 2022 and can either be returned to the Lapel Town Hall in person or they can be mailed to: Lapel Police Department, ATTN: Applications, Box 999 Lapel, IN 46051. If mailing completed applications, they must be received by the 6 September 2022 deadline.
Applicants must be 21 years of age at time of hire, must be a Tier I Certified Police Officer through the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy or a Certified Police Officer from an accredited academy, certification must be in good standing, must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one by date of hire, have no felony, violent misdemeanor, or domestic battery convictions, and must be a U.S. citizen.
The application process will consist of a background check and a formal interview.
If you have questions, please email Chief Kelly Naselroad at: email@example.com.
Salary and Benefits for Lateral Hire:
- The pay range for a Lateral, Tier I Patrolman is $20.00 to $27.00 an hour depending on years of service, training, and certifications.
- Longevity pay of $100.00 for every year of employment with the Town. Caps at twenty years.
- Incentive pay and Instructor pay for certain certifications and assignments within the Department.
- Uniform, equipment, and weapon provided by the Department.
- Take home vehicle with personal use after completion of abbreviated field training. (Must reside within Madison County or within 25 miles of the Lapel Police Department)
- Paid vacation up to 80 hours at time of hire depending on years of service.
- Up to 64 hours of paid personal time at time of hire and 64 hours given every January.
- 14 paid Holidays a year and time and a half pay for hours worked on holidays.
- Seven (7) day pay period with 10 hour shifts consisting of a four (4) on three (3) off work schedule.
- Employer paid health and vision insurance for employee with optional family plans at discounted employee pricing.
- 50/50 dental insurance for employee with optional family plans at discounted employee pricing.
- Employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Term Life, Accident, Cancer and Critical Insurance plans offered at discounted pricing.
- Department issued cell phone.
- Retirement through Indiana Public Employee’s Retirement Fund (NPIRS Civilian).
- Beards and tattoos allowed. No tattoos on face or neck.