TOWN OF LAPEL
RESIDENTIAL HEAVY TRASH SERVICE
WEDNESDAY – MAY 18TH, 2022
Cleanups are for Town of Lapel residential customers only and cleanup collection will not include commercial or apartment buildings. No trash from any small businesses operating out of a home will be accepted.
Examples of typical Household Heavy/Bulk Items that will be accepted:
• Carpet & padding and rugs are acceptable. Must be rolled & tied with tape or string into 4ft sections, no wider than 2ft in diameter, no heavier than 50 lbs.
• Mattresses/Box Springs/Upholstered Furniture must be wrapped in plastic for curbside pickup. Use Mattress bags (available at moving stores) or plastic painting drop cloths sealed with duct tape (available at department stores). Queen size mattress or smaller only. No sofa over 80” and no hide-a-bed/sleeper sofas.
• Bags placed for collection may not exceed thirty‐five (35) pounds & cans may not exceed fifty (50) pounds.
• No individual item over five (5) feet in length, three (3) feet wide or (3) three feet high or weighing over 100 pounds.
• Windows, glass, and mirrors must be less than 3’x4’ in size. Broken glass should be placed in a box, taped shut, and clearly marked, “Broken Glass.”
• Grills - Gas grills must have propane tank removed prior to disposal.
• Lawn Mowers - Push Lawn mowers must be drained of oil and/or gas prior to disposal. We do not accept riding lawn mowers.
• All small items must be in bags or cans for collection. LOOSE PILES WILL BE LEFT FOR THE HOMEOWNERS DISPOSAL.
WM will not accept:
• Auto parts, engines, tires, batteries
• Electronics, including televisions, computers, printers, fax machines, etc.
• No remodeling or construction material - lumber, plaster, drywall, paneling, siding, roofing, or other building materials
• Chemicals, pesticides, paints, solvents or other household hazardous waste
• Propane tanks/gas tanks
• Dead Animals
• Concrete, bricks, dirt, rocks, sod, or stumps
• Iron or steel, or Cast iron bathtubs, or
• Medical waste
• WM will not accept appliances that contain Freon, which include air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, and dehumidifiers, unless the appliance bears a certification sticker indicating that the Freon has been removed by a certified technician.